Natural dental options
Organic and Natural Dental Products
Many patient’s are interested in the different options of organic and all natural dental products that are out there. I have patients who use ‘Tooth Soap’, vegan friendly floss, tea tree oil, and all sorts of other interesting remedies. Below are the ones that I have seen not only keep the oral cavity healthy and clean, but in some cases, there have even been improvements!
* A green diet always helps the immune system, allowing the body to heal much faster, and fight off infections quickly. Patients with a lot of green vegetables in their diet tend to have healthier gums. Keep in mind, the mouth is part of the body too, a healthy diet for the body generally will be a healthy diet for the mouth.
* Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Dental Floss: The Naturally waxed and saturated with pure, naturally antiseptic tea tree oil. And there is no alcohol, artificial color or synthetic perfumes
* Tom’s of Maine dental floss: combination of natural waxes:
|Bees wax||Ease of use||Beehives|
|Carnauba wax||Ease of use||Brazilian wax palm tree|
|Natural Flavors – Spearmint||Flavor||Spearmint (Mentha viridis) leaves|
|Jojoba wax||Ease of use||Jojoba plant|
|Acacia senegal gum||Flavor carrier||Tree resin|
|Propolis extract||Clean, healthy-feeling mouth.||Mixture of tree resin (Propolis cera) gathered by bees|
|Commiphora myrrha (myrrh) resin extract||Clean, healthy-feeling mouth||Resin from the myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) bush|
* Radius Natural Silk dental floss: Pure, natural organic silk which is naturally biodegradable and has a soft texture with very low abrasion. The floss is spun in natural Candelilla wax, (a shrub found in Mexico and southwestern United States).
* Radius Cranberry floss: Coated with pure unsweetened cranberry essence, which is removed during the action of flossing and deposited on the gums to help break up plaque.
* Perio Clear Bio-Pro mouthwash: Alcohol-free rinse that moistens tissues and is for periodontal health. Uses herbs for healthy gums such as Echinacea, Green Tea, and Olive Leaf. Also uses Peppermint, Clove, Oregano, Thyme, Folic Acid, and the extract of Phytoplenolin for long lasting results.
* Xylitol Organic Mouthwash: Uses Organic mint and grapefruit seed extract. No Sodium Laurel Sulfate and colorant free. Long lasting protection against decay-promoting bacteria and plaque.
* Goldenseal: One of the popular herbal remedies in traditional Native American and Western medicine used for skin problems, digestive disorders and wash for sore eyes. It is considered a natural antibiotic and immune booster and known to speed up wound healing. This can be diluted with water to create a rinse.
* Tom’s of Maine Cleansing mouthwash with Baking Soda: Gluten Free and alcohol free, with xylitol, natural flavors and oils.
* Jason Healthy Mouth Tartar Control Cinnamon Clove Mouthwash: Natural Grapefruit Seed and Perilla Seed Extracts help reduce tartar build-up and Tea Tree Oil, an antiseptic agent, helps defend the oral cavity. Aloe Vera Gel soothes gum irritation and a blend of natural Clove and Cinnamon Oils for fresh breath.
* Jason Nutrismile Enamel Defense Mouthwash: Features high potency Vitamin C Calcium Ascorbate, which strengthens tooth enamel by helping rebuild weak spots on your teeth. Also uses same ingredients for tartar control as above.
* Sea Fresh Strengthening Sea Peppermint Mouthwash: Features Blue Green Algae (Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae), rich in Calcium, proteins and antioxidants, to naturally strengthen your teeth and gums. Spearmint Oil keeps your breath fresh, also includes ingredients from other Jason mouthwashes above.
* Kiss My Face All Natural rinses: Are Biodegradable, no artificial flavors or fragrances, Vegan friendly, Gluten Free and no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. There is no alcohol, and they use xylitol, goji berry, pomegranate and green tea.
* Preserve Toothbrush: Powered by recycled yogurt cups, BPA free, handle is made of 100% recycled #5 plastic and bristles are new nylon. Completely recyclable after use and made in the USA.
* Tom’s of Maine Toothbrush: Handle made of 100% renewable castor oil plants, and hand colored with mineral based pigments. BPA free and dye free bristles, and recyclable through Tom’s of Maine TerraCycle recycling program.
* Tom’s of Maine Whole Care toothpaste: Uses Sodium Monofluorophosphate, Xylitol, Glycerin from vegitable oils, Purified silica from the earth, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate from coconut oil or palm kernel oil.
* Jason Toothpastes do not have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, preservatives, artificial coloring, artificial sweeteners, saccharin, or Propylene Glycol. Their toothpastes use an all natural CoQ10 Tooth Gel for anticavity effects.
* Bio-Pro Dental PerioPaste: Blends Lysine with key Herbs, essential oils and the extract of Phytoplenolin. It is vegetarian, low abrasive, fluoride free, preservative free, sodium lauryl sulfate free, and uses xylitol and gluten free.
* Kiss My Face Triple Action Toothpaste: Uses Co-Q10, Tea Tree, Herbal Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Organic Aloe Vera and is free from Fluoride and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. It is Vegan friendly, Paraben free, with no artificial fragrances.
Well I hope this all gave a nice insight into what options are out there! Cherise Britt RDH